Oh boy…so here it is the final hours of school. We have a 1/2 day today and then the kids are all mine- all day, every day- until my husband comes home and I peace out (some days you just have to). After we adjust to the transition of being in each other’s hair all day- literally, we get to a nice place where we find a groove of having a lazy, fun and sometimes bouts of crazy, busy summer.
- We got tickets to a nearby waterpark that should be a blast!
- Totally going to the movies this summer! We will not have AC in our home, but the movie theater should be freezing. Can’t wait.
- Drive in movie theater- we go every year and last year we missed it.
- Walking/Riding bikes to center of town to visit library and get ice cream or slushies – we moved closer to town and have yet to do this!
- Basketball game with the local cops. We won this and it’s time to use it!
- Try a new ice cream flavor.
- Try a new vegetable to even things out.
- Make a bucket list bowl…everyone puts things in and we pull out a card every day (or every other…or once a week)
So I have a number of projects that have been on the horizon that I plan on working on this summer.
- My garage. Ohhhh the garage is a dumping ground. That needs serious help.
- My closet. Have you seen the videos on my insta story? So bad. It’s embarrassing and a cluttered closet, I swear clutters my head. This needs to be done ASAP.
- Painting the cabinets in my kitchen. Am I crazy for thinking I can do this? I want it done so bad and having professionals come in just isn’t an option. Maybe this will stay on the back burner for a while.
- Kate wants to turn her room into a Harry Potter room. It’s blue, white and pastel right now. Going to have to get strategic on this one.
- We have a “homework”/”craft room” that just isn’t super comfortable or organized and I feel like the lighting in there is so pretty. This room needs attention.
- The kids want a fort outside. This seems like a health hazard if I were to tackle this…shift this over to Mark’s list.
- Painting the trim around our front windows. They are currently the same color of the house and I need to take matters into my own hands.
- I’m exhausted already. Maybe this should be my list for the next 7 summers.
What’s on your list?